Saturday, December 13, 2008

CBC Newsworld to feature My Green Sudbury segment

Hi Folks:

It is Cathy Orlando , a Climate Project volunteer Sudbury. I hope all is well with you. I have exciting news for Sudbury and Climate Change. The airing of the three minute mini-documentary, My Green Sudbury, on CBC television's Newsworld will air this Monday morning at approximately 6:38 am and 8:38 am.

I blogged on the GreenNexxus - One Million Acts of Green Website about how Sudbury's regreening inspires me to believe that we will overcome climate change. A TV producer liked it and sent a film crew to my house, interviewed me and I toured them around Sudbury to show them My Green Sudbury. After five hours of hanging out together, they left with the footage. I have not seen the any of the footage let alone any of the edited versions including the final version.

It is not an original story. It is a Canadian success story. It is our story. I have retold the story of Sudbury's healing journey during many of my TCP presentations. I was told numerous times that it is one the best parts of my Sudbury version of the TCP presentation.

I hope that people feel inspired.

Merry Christmas and merci, miigwech and thank you for being on this incredible journey to help humans deal effectively with the climate change .Cathy


"If you want to be incrementally better: be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: be cooperative." Unknown source.

Cathy Orlando MSc, BEd
Science Outreach Coordinator
Let's Talk Science Partnership Program Coordinator
Office of the Dean of Science and Engineering
Laurentian University

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: